Aiming for new heights
At Scalepoint, we aim for the stars. Our ambition is clear: we want to conquer the world. We successfully help insurers help their customers. We support 26 insurers in five countries around Europe.
Right now, we are looking for Senior .NET Developers whose main task is to convert customer requirements into working software in production. It is essential for us to develop new and maintain existing applications, following the technical principles and microservices architecture strategy as part an Agile team. Our development teams are distributed across Denmark and Poland and we are now expanding our team of .NET developers by adding 2 more positions in Copenhagen – and we need you.
What kind of geek are you?
At Scalepoint, you will meet other geeks. They love to go to work – just like you. We look forward to work with you and get to know your world-class skills when it comes to: Required
- Extensive experience with .NET / ASP.NET (Framework or Core)
- Experience developing rich frontend applications
- Solid understanding of modern web platform fundamentals, HTML/CSS/JS
- SPA development experience using MV* framework (such as React, Vue or Svelte)
- Experience with relational databases (like MS SQL Server)
- Experience with common software engineering practices and tools
- Unit, integration and end-to-end testing
- Git or similar SCM
- Pull requests and code reviews
- CI/CD & DevOps
- Experience with ORMs like NHibernate or EntityFramework
- Experience with NoSQL, especially Redis and Elasticsearch
- Experience with event driven architectures and messaging
- Experience building cloud-native applications
- Understanding of 12-factor application principles
- Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with any public cloud is a plus
- Experience with any serverless platform is a plus
- Experience working on a live software-as-a-service product
- Experience with software design and architecture
- You are curious about open-source technologies and event driven architecture
You are interested in joining Scalepoint’s cloud journey with platform agnostic solutions
- You can understand distributed systems, as Scalepoint build high available systems
- You have excellent knowledge of the design patterns
Experience with both Domain Driven Design and Test-Driven Development is a plus
- You are a passionate pragmatic programmer and have patience in working with legacy softwar
- You are willing to maintain working solutions and adjust them to current market standards
- Experience in insurance domain is a plus
- It is great if you have worked with distributed teams before, and, once the dust settles, are willing to occasional-ly visit your colleagues in Poland
- You are fluent in English - Danish, German and Polish is considered as a plus
- Experience with agile processes (Scrum) is a plus
You have a diploma in Programming, Computer Science or similar, and a minimum of 5 years of commercial experience within software development. But that being said, your engagement and commitment is what matters the most But we want to stress that your engagement and commitment is what matters the most.
What to dive into
At Scalepoint it is essential to develop new and maintain existing applications, following the technical principles and mi-croservices architecture strategy as part of an Agile team. As a part of the team, you will dive into the following tasks:
After enjoying your first cups of coffee you’ll be acquainting yourself with our current roadmap of activities aimed at strengthening our Security. As insurance geeks, we focus a lot on Security and GDPR compliance of our applications, and we plan to put even more efforts into it. You will implement improvements according to ASVS standard, following engineering practices such as code review, writing unit-level and integration-level tests.
Responding to change over following a plan
You will work as part of an Agile team: volunteer for tasks, manage own priorities and collaborate with team members and the Product Owner to achieve shared goals. The roadmap is flexible and responsive: You will join our effort of meeting the business needs as priorities adapt to the market opportunities. You will also support existing applications by doing refactoring tasks on existing code, develop feature enhancements and fixing bugs.
You build it – you run it
You will take part in the complete lifecycle of software development, starting from the business requirements and finishing with deployment and monitoring of the modules in production. We deploy frequently – at least weekly, and daily for some modules. As part of the team you will take rotation in responding to production-related issues and ensure continuous service to our customers.
Would you like to join the journey?
We offer you an opportunity to join a company with an ambitious growth and internationalization agenda which is based on staying innovative, competitive, and a trustworthy partner to our customers. As Senior .NET Developer you will have plentiful opportunities to develop your professional skills and to grow into larger roles with more responsibility. You will be offered a competitive market salary and the option to work flexible from home and our offices at Østerbro.
Are you ready to jump on our ride? We will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the job posting when we have found the right candidate. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to contact Nadia Zemskova, Director of Applications Development by phone at +45 27 90 80 55. We will be happy to hear from you!