Aiming for new heights
At Scalepoint, we aim for the starts. We are pioneers in developing world class claims management software for the insurance industry by using SaaS technology that gives insurers flexibility for the future. Currently we support 26 insurers in five countries around Europe.
We are now looking for a Project Portfolio Manager, whose main task will be to optimize our IT project Portfolios through effective processes that balance capacity against demand and connect plans and resources to our project execution.
You will report to our Head of Product and IT with a dotted line to our CEO. For the right candidate this position will come with great opportunities, flexibility and responsibility.
What kind of talent are you?
At Scalepoint, you will meet other engaged specialists. They love to go to work – just like you. They look forward to meeting you and being introduced to your world class capabilities when it comes to:
Resource and capacity planning
You drive effective resource and capacity planning by building and monitoring a full and detailed overview of “supply and demand” in a software company. The supply being Scalepoint developers, testers, product owners, business consultants, etc. and the demand being all the tasks to be solved; customer projects and professional services delivered to our customers, internal development projects and software maintenance tasks. The purpose is to optimize and balance supply and demand and have a full overview of ongoing tasks and who (persons and development teams) are allocated to the tasks. Having a detailed, data driven portfolio overview of the above is the foundation in this role.
You acknowledge the value of providing effective, accurate and standardized reporting on ongoing activities (projects, customer tasks, etc.) to ensure that project participants, customers, management and other easily get relevant insights on progress, finances and risk as a basis for prioritization, decision making and expectation management. This is done in close collaboration with Finance and Business Intelligence to ensure easy access to the data and to automate much of the reporting.
Managing many different stakeholders is something you are good at and what motivates you. You drive the process of including the right people and providing them with the insights and overviews needed to take difficult decisions when a change in priorities is needed. You encourage people to follow the processes and secure that all stakeholders see the benefits of doing so.
What to dive into
At Scalepoint, there’s always room for developing and exploring great ideas. We know it takes high ambitions to conquer the world. This position has full attention of top management since successful projects are pivotal for our customers (and our employees) and to make Scalepoint Europe´s leading insurtech company.
As Scalepoint’s Portfolio Manager, you will dive into the following tasks:
- Provide resource allocation and – planning overview and ensure strategic alignment of all projects
- Develop structure while navigating ambiguity to solve complex challenges
- Manage inflow of projects in order not to overwork, overcommit or running idle
- Ongoing forecast of expected future demand to assure they have the supply side to match the demand (pivotal for the recruitment activities)
- Deliver portfolio overview with weekly status and reporting on entire project portfolio through project – and portfolio metrics (make delivered value visible)
- Own, maintain and drive portfolio governance and meetings for prioritization, alignment, decision making, etc.
- Ensure overview, governance, transparency, and progress in the projects. Ensure clear roles, responsibility, and processes regarding project planning and – controlling
Who are you?
You have at least 4-5 years of relevant experience – gladly more – from positions encompassing PMO, program-, portfolio or heavy project management. It could be from roles as e.g., Project Portfolio Manager, Sr. Project Manager, Management Consultant or similar in relation to development – and implementation of IT projects (bonus if it has been in an agile setting). In addition, you must be able to write and speak English fluently.
A winning “nice to work with” personality is vital for success in this position. The ideal Project Portfolio Manager is taking the lead and has a strong character and a wealth of soft skills of which the most relevant are:
- A structured and analytical personality
- Clear strengths within stakeholder management and in a trustworthy and emotionally intelligent way building strong relations and ensuring buy in – internally and externally
- Highly skilled communicator from C-level to a more operational level both internally and with clients
- Pragmatic and commercial focus with value creation in mind
- Curious, proactive and with a flexible mindset
- Team oriented attitude across the organization and handle challenges